Saturday, May 06, 2006

Its been hectic these days. Real hectic. Decided to catch my breath yesterday and take out some time for art. Anna asked me to make him a t-shirt design(he actually liked my work...doesnt happen too often). Spend an hour or so to come up with this..



For starters, I wanted to capture the "serious-glam" side of Anna. Fortunately, I managed to stumble across the right snap of his in Orkut. I also didnt have the patience to hand-draw his image. That's when I stumbled on the Color depth reduction feature in Irfan. First, I decreased the contrast of the original Image by about 30% and increased the gamma correction factory by about 2.33 ( I love confusing my readers with useless hi-fi technical stuff..he he). After that I used the Color depth reduction feature to get the almost portrait like look seen above.

Blind Ambitiion ( not be confused with Blonde Ambition), came out of the look in Anna's eyes.

I have avoided the use of colour. It was a not a conscious choice. However, I feel its an effective one.


Once I was done with the above, I caught up on some TV. Came back an hour or so to review the work, when the spoofy side of me took over. I spend another hour with the above work to come up with this magazine cover..





This is perhaps my 3rd or 4th Mag cover ( the others were done in college ) and is by far the sloppiest :)

The cover attempts to capture the life and times of Anna in Gurgaon and his growing frustration with the Mall City. Hope I've captured it all, dude!

7 comments:

Accenture said...

All That i've got to tell right now is.....

I love you....


PS: Am still Straight.

Anonymous said...

I loveeeeeeee the mag cover. Its Alex at his spookiest best.

This is the same look Anna had on his face everytime I would ask him how he lived in Gurgaon........

Alex Joseph said...

Thanks "Rauni" :)

Yeah, the look on Anna's face is priceless. For everthing else there's...

Anonymous said...

I can see the spooky Alex in "Rauni".......Did you hear about it from Neo?

Alex Joseph said...

dude..ur comment above says "Rauni says...". That's where I got Rauni from...

Neo has nothing to do with this :P

Nikhil Kulkarni said...

Classic design ... the creative industry lost a gem when Alex got an Offer from Gillete ...

Pity the fate of the creative industry ;-)

Coach Hemant Jain said...

All is not lost .... ;-)

Alex continues to nurture his creative side with such escapades .. (I liked Anna's T Shirt design .. its real good)

On that one .. Hey Alex .. when do u next get time for an escapade like this ...

A T Shirt Design for me too ... ;-)

...shoOOonya ...