Monday, January 24, 2005

Whatta ride!!

I was at the Global village in Dubai, the day before yesterday. Went with my folks and man, the place was TOTALLY ROCKING!!

There were abt 40 odd countries participating and each of them had their uniquely(and magnificiently) designed pavilions where they showcase their goods and culture. I couldnt visit all of them but some of favs were the Iranian and the Czech Republic pavilion. The Iranian pavlion had some excellent stone-carved handicrafts, but what i liked best was the live performance of this Iranian music troupe. I along with my parents walk into the centre of the pavilion (the pavilion being arranged in a unique concentric design) and we see this group of four taking the stage. 2 guys were playing Korg, one guy was on percussion( bongo like instrument) and one guy on the guitar. And then they began...and I was hypnotised. The guitarist was AMAZING!!! I've never in my 25 years heard such amazing guitaring....the strings were moving so fast...his fingers were floating in effortless motion....a masterpiece..and Iranian music has found itself yet another ardent fan.

And to top it all, since all pavilions had to have their local people manning the stalls, I got to see beautiful women from abt 20 different countries... :))

After the pavilion visit, we headed to the amusement rides. I was feeling particularly adventurous so decided to try the dare-devil rides. Man were they OSSUM!!! Adrenaline rush to the MAX! Couldn't try quite a few rides though cos the queues for some of these rides were unbelievable.

I definitely need more time in Dubai...there's just too much out here to see and explore.

17 days simply ain't enough.


No comments: