Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Got placed...(atlast!) with the Gillette Company (Yeah, they make razor blades too ;) ). Moi will be working with International Operations. ( sounds good, i know...it ALWAYS sounds good :) )

Placements are looking very good this year, and there's no doubt about that across B-school campuses in India. At NITIE, its been outta this world!(well a few jobs ARE out of the country).

This week would, for all practical purposes, be my last at NITIE.

Like most mortals, I too have the urge to recap my time spent here at this college.

Unlike most mortals, I would like bring out moments and incidents that are unusual and capture the spirit of my life here and hence....lets hear it for...

Top 10 TRIVIA of MY LIFE at NITIE

#1 The first person I talked to in our batch when I joined NITIE - Vijay Singh, ma former neighbour and currently placed with IBM.

#2 I nearly got kicked out of college due to attendance shortage. It was for DataComm. Back then i was naive and didnt know that only 3 bunks are allowed for a 2 credit course. Fortunately, Prof had mercy and so I could write this blog today.

#3 I must have drank atleast 300 million tonnes of soft drinks at NITIE. Coke send me a certificate of appreciation recently, for being the single largest contributor to their revenues in the last 2 years. ( I hear Pepsi is planning to name their next drink after me)

#4 In continuation to the previous trivia..I'm the reason Bhaskar introduced soft drinks in our mess :)

#5 Without Pizza I would not have survived...Pizza Hut, Smokin Joes, and the company of Neel, Dikshit and an unwilling Ron take credit for it.

#6 I'm NOT creative. period!

#7 I'm also very modest. :p

#8 My first "paper" was on Globalisation for a contest at IIT-B. I had partnered with Samoj. The results were not upto the mark ( meaning our paper never got selected). That was the beginning of the end as far as paper writing for me was concerned.

#9 My ad for prerana (our b-school fest) got published in a national newspaper and magazine.( No more free creatives now...will charge fees...rates are negotiable).

and finally #10:

There was only one thing in NITIE that always gave me a high( literally!) and that was time spend on top of the water tank on the terrace of the tallest building in NITIE ( and perhaps one of the tallest points in in Powai by virtue of it being on a hill)...the MDP Hostel. I can never forget the AMAZING view I used to get from there, especially Hiranandani, and particularly of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport ( I could actually see planes touching down on the runway!!). Damn! i'll miss the place.










4 comments:

aaditya sood said...

w00 w00!

Congrats dude! :D

Hmmmm, /me thinks about job treats ;)

PS: I haven't shaved for a while. Can I still be your friend?

Alex Joseph said...

hey dude, you most definitely should be my friend :)In fact I insist you should. At the rate your beard grows, I forsee you as a high net worth individual as far as Gillette is concerned. :)

aaditya sood said...

_IF_ I'm planning to cut it at all...

Or I could start a trend (cult?) of beards. Then where would you be? :))

Alex Joseph said...

i'd be in a place called trouble..that's where i'd be... :)