Saturday, May 21, 2005

Back in Mumbai atlast! Humid as hell and traffic's never been worse..man, I love this place.

Last week, was my first public and international vocal performance. Yup, you heard correct...I actually broke into a song in front of all the respective Gillette Key account managers from India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Maldives.

The whole thing started when my roomie, JKC, had the audacity to give me a call while I was attending the offsite training class. I, of course, had no clue that if your phone were to ring during class, you would automatically inducted into the "Gillette Choir".

At the end of the class, I was forced to take centrestage.Took a deep breath, started off with "Look into my eyes...."

I lasted 30 seconds I think. My audience sadly didnt. At the end of it all, my instructor had only one thing to say, "Dont leave your day job for a singing career".

12 other heads nodded vigourously, in agreement.


Recommended listening:

Akon - Lonely, Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway, Nitty - Nasty Girl and
Udhyananu Tharam - Karale

1 comment:

Accenture said...

Or am sure they are thinking of a better way of handling such issues after they found that the 'singing' could be harmful for themselves too...